Introduction of the Course
The training course 'ZDHC Chemical Management System Technical Industry Guide’ (ZDHC CMS TIG) is a practical follow-up to the ZDHC CMS Framework Training. It provides indepth guidance on the ZDHC Guidelines, Platforms and Solutions and how to implement them. It explains the minimum requirements of CMS implementation and contains case studies and practical examples for inspiration.
The course is designed to further develop understanding of the ZDHC CMS TIG Framework and it practical implementation.
The course is aimed at relevant personnel within suppliers’ organisations, as well as the auditors evaluating facilities for their CMS implementation. However, we encourage participants to attend the training course “ZDHC CMS Framework training” as a foundation before attending this course.
The ZDHC CMS TIG training and guide focus on harmonising requirements of sustainable chemical management implementation across the value chain. The ZDHC CMS Technical Industry Guide (CMS TIG) provides the basis for this. Whether they are a tannery, dye-house, mill, printer, footwear assembly unit, or other kind of facility, via this training you can tailor and implement their plans to meet the harmonized expectations.
The course will include all nine (9) sections of the CMS TIG. Time spent on each section might differ and can be subject to the knowledge level of learners. We therefore kindly request that you check our calendar and contact the ATP for more information on the specific course. This will help to ensure it meets your expectations.
The following topics are part of the ZDHC CMS TIG training curriculum:
I. Start of the CMS Journey - Preparation and Planning
- Chemical Management Policy
- Chemical Management Strategy
- Assessments (regulatory, chem-ical, supply chain, safer alternative
II. Build Up through Action - Implementation
- Health & Safety
- Chemical Inventory
- Storage & Handling
III. Monitor and Accelarate – Review and Update
- Output Management (wastewater, sludge, air emission, solid waste)
- Process control
- Continuous Improvement
Having followed this training, you will have learned how to:
- Create a policy document that outlines the commitment (statement) of the Supplier’s leadership and in-cludes procedures and practices adopted for purchasing, transparency and traceability of chemicals used;
- Transform that policy into strategy as part of implementing a chemical management system;
- Conduct assessments of a supplier's regulatory compliance, chemical hazard and risk, supply chain partners’ capabilities and safer alternatives;
- Implement health & safety actions for chemical exposure control, PPE and emergency response proce-dures for all staff;
- Manage a Chemical Inventory List (CIL) and SDS to make informed purchasing decisions, promote re-sponsible chemical use, increase traceability, simplify chemical handling decisions, and control disposal costs;
- Ensure safe Storage and Handling procedures for chemicals purchased;
- Use tools to manage Output with respect to wastewater, sludge, air and solid waste outputs. This will re-duce pollution and support Process Control to ensure proper implementation of a CMS through holding and controlling records and documents, incidence management, general maintenance and housekeep-ing.
- Work on Continuous Improvement practices such as conducting a CMS review, internal or external audits and improvements in identified areas, including onsite training.
- Online training on the MS Team platform
- Language and document: Vietnamese
- Day of training: 14 - 15 August 2023 (02 days)
- Participant will have ZDHC Certificate after successfully pass 75/100 the examination by ZDHC
- If you don’t have a ZDHC academy account, please feel free to contact us for support
For 2 training days: 5,200,000 VND ~ 220 USD/Participant (excluding 8%VAT)
Included ZDHC certification fee: 2,100,000 VND/Participant (about 70EUR)
Nguyen Minh Truc (Msc.) – ZDHC nominated trainer. Truc graduates analytical chemistry – Roskilde Denmark. Truc has over 15 years of experience in product, environment testing, certification, and chemical safety. He is now the head of softlines – chemical analysis of TUV SUD Vietnam.
TÜV SÜD VIETNAM CO.LTD
Lot III-26, 19/5A Street, Industry Group III, Tan Binh Industrial Park, Tay Thanh Ward, Tan Phu District, Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
Phone: +84 28 6267 8507
Fax.: +84 28 6267 8511
Nguyen Vu Diem Trinh
Phone: +84 28 6267 8507 (150)